You can find the agenda for the 14th. April Comberton Parish Council meeting on the noticeboard and here CPC Agenda Apr2021
The Parish Council is looking for a reliable and skilled handyperson to undertake an important role in maintaining the Recreation Ground, Pavilion facilities and village assets. The job requires 10 hours per week, and can be conducted flexibly (opportunities for overtime as and when issues arise). The rate of pay is £10 per hour, which is reviewed annually.
for more info click here
Defibrillator installed at the Rec
The Parish Council has invested in providing a Defibrillator for use on the Recreation Ground and by the wider community.
It is installed at the south east corner of the pavilion at the far end of the car park.
It is visible at night as it has a green homing light.
If you have someone with or suspecting having had a cardiac arrest, you will need a mobile phone to call 999 and ask for the ambulance service, call for an ambulance and ask for the Defibrillator cabinet unlock code. The Ambulance service will talk you through unlocking the cabinet and deploying the device.
When applied to the victim, voice commands, and screen messages will guide the user step-by-step through the process and its intelligent technology will only allow it to shock a ‘shockable’ heart rhythm.
IF someone has a cardiac arrest away from the Rec the ambulance service may let you know its location and ask if you would be happy to get and use it.
If you would like to donate to the The Community Heartbeat Trust Charity, who assisted in the device provision and installation, then please donate to them here
Residents need to remove their vehicles from the road noted below. You should get a notification from Cambridge Highways the week beforehand.
Whilst the work is in progress, during operational hours, the road may be closed from 07.30am to 6pm, and vehicular access will be restricted.
In order for the contractor to complete the work with minimum disruption, it is essential that no vehicles are parked on the road. If you have particular access requirements, please speak to a member of the crew onsite who will be able to assist.
- Road Closures: St Thomas Close, Comberton currently commencing on Saturday 6th March 2021 for approximately two days (weather permitting)
- Road Closures: Fox’s Way, Comberton , currently commencing on Sunday 7th March 2021 for approximately one day (weather permitting)
- Road Closures: The Covert, Comberton currently commencing on Sunday 7th March 2021 for approximately one day (weather permitting)
- Road Closures: Bakers Close, Comberton currently commencing on Monday 8th March 2021 for approximately one day (weather permitting)
- Road Closures: The Valley, Comberton currently commencing on Monday 8th March 2021 for approximately two days (weather permitting)
- Road Closures: Hillfield Road, Comberton currently commencing on Tuesday 9th March 2021 for approximately one day (weather permitting)
- Road Closures & Diversion: Harbour Avenue Road, Comberton currently commencing on Wednesday 10th March 2021 for approximately three days (weather permitting)
Access to properties within the closure area will be possible, but are subject to working conditions, and delays are to be expected. Crews will be working in accordance with Covid 19 guidelines.